Hunting Applications and Drawings
- Subscribe to Hunting Application Reminders from Michigan DNR
- Check Your Drawing ResultsNote: Drawing results will not be available until the listed posting dates.
- Purchase an Application or License Online
- 2014 Application Timeline and Species Regulations
- Bear and Elk Hunt Transfer ProgramHunters who are selected for a bear or elk license may transfer (donate) their hunt drawing success to an eligible person they know, or to an individual on the DNR hunt waiting list.
- Check Elk Chances or Bear Preference Points
- Pure Michigan HuntApply for the Pure Michigan Hunt from March 1 to December 31.
Hunting Licenses Currently Available
- Bear LicensesComprehensive Lifetime License holders may purchase a leftover bear license from any license agent or online beginning July 7 at 10 a.m. (EDT). Unsuccessful drawing applicants may purchase a remaining license beginning July 14 at 10 a.m. Any hunter may purchase a remaining bear license beginning July 21 at 10 a.m., including those who did not apply. Remaining bear licenses are available to Michigan residents only and will be sold until quotas are met. Note: Preference points will be reset to zero for purchasers of a leftover bear license, except for Lifetime Comprehensive License holders.