Charter Boat Survey Program
- Charter Boat OverviewMichigan's charter boat industry increased from 250 operations in 1979 to nearly 900 in 1989. The charter fishing industry provides Michigan's economy with significant economic benefits each year. For example, 239,000 clients spent an estimated $21 million in addition to charter fees in 1985, and the total statewide investment by charter boat firms.
- Data by Lake and PortCharter fishing data from 1997-2012 (for state of Michigan waters). Data is organized in tabular format by year and contains fish harvest and fishing effort data.
- Annual ReportsCharter fishing annual reports from 1998-2012 (for state of Michigan waters).
- Sport Trolling License Application
- List of Sport Trolling License Holders
- I'm a charter boat operator or resident fishing guide, am I required to have a minnow catcher's license and/or a resident wholesale minnow license?
- Application for Miscellaneous LicensesIncluding Retail Minnow and Minnow Catchers Licneses
Charter Fishing Online Reporting
- Information Regarding Online ReportingMichigan Act 451, P.A. 1994 contains the charter boat catch reporting law. Section 44508 of Part 445 requires that all charter boats used for fishing in state of Michigan waters, report their catch (harvest) and effort to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR).