Habitat Management Unit
- Inland Lake Habitat Viewer
Web-based mapping tool provides lots of information about Michigan's inland lakes.
- Aquatic Habitat Grant Program
- About the Habitat Management Unit
The Habitat Management Unit (HMU) was created in April 2001 to facilitate Division and Department efforts to protect, manage, and improve fisheries and aquatic habitat in Michigan. Unit activities will include direct oversight of habitat enhancement projects and consultation on techniques, regulatory requirements, and funding sources for projects implemented by others. The Unit will also facilitate development of habitat protection and management policy and will guide both the Division and Department in advocating for habitat management issues of significant statewide and regional concern.
The Unit consists of three people located in Lansing, Gaylord, and Mio.
- Mandated Responsibilities
The HMU has direct administrative responsibilities for the Natural Rivers Program and hydropower relicensing review (FERC).
- Stream Restoration and Connectivity Projects
- Major Accomplishments Since HMU Established in April 2001
- Emerging Issues and Potential Future Activities