General Camping Information
- Lodging - Tepees, Cabins, Yurts, Lodges and Pop-up campers Looking to switch up your stay at a Michigan state park? Check out one of our alternative lodging options to try something other than tent, trailer or motorhome camping.
- Commercial Use of State Lands If you are commercially using state lands (which includes state parks and boating access sites), you should be aware an agreement with the DNR is required to approve this commercial use. Commercial operations are defined as: "any activity that involves, directly or indirectly, the buying or selling of goods or services, or the exchange or attempt to offer to exchange goods or services for money, barter, or for anything of value."
- Camping Prices A full list of the various camping prices in Michigan state parks, recreation areas and state forest campgrounds.
- Operating dates for Michigan state park campgrounds, shelters and harbors
- ADA accessible camping options at Michigan state parks Michigan state parks offer a variety of ADA accessible cabins, campsites and overnight lodging options.
- Make a Campground or Harbor Reservation
- Help protect the environment by Camping Green
- Definitions of DNR Recreational Facilities
- State parks open for winter camping A number of state parks are open for winter camping.
- Camping tips & advice Check out these helpful tips on camping preparation, safety and rules
- Get information about the amenities, campgrounds and activities at the state parks Find out what forests and parks have campgrounds.
- Permission to Use State Lands
- Rules for State Parks and Recreation Areas These rules pertain specifically to Michigan state parks and recreation areas. For additional rules, please see the State Land Use Rules.
- Interactive Map Search for state forest campgrounds, state parks and state trail system using this interactive map.
- Campfire Tips Always follow safe campfire practices to prevent them from starting a wildfire. Remember, you can be held responsible for the cost of putting the fire out if it escapes and for any property damage.
- Black Mountain Forest Recreation Area Straddled between Cheboygan and Presque Isle Counties, just north of Black Lake, Black Mountain Recreation area pathway system provides a ton of recreational opportunities!
- State Forest Campgrounds Find out what experiences a forest camping trip offers.
- Dispersed Camping Strike out on your own, and try camping off the beaten path by getting your own Dispersed Camping Permit.
- State Forest Camping Registration Information Registration takes place at the state forest campground.
State Park Campgrounds
- Parks and Recreation Areas State Land Use Rules IC 3003-1
- Metal Detecting in State Parks Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreational activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage the natural and cultural resources in Michigan state parks nor violate applicable state laws.
- State Park Camping Registration Information Here are the basic steps to register for your state park campsite.
- Pets in State Park Campgrounds and at Boating Access Sites Pets are welcome at most state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites with the appropriate precautions to ensure their safety and that of other visitors.
- Alcohol Limits in State Parks and at Boating Access Sites Find out where alcohol possession and use is limited in state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites.
- Online Campground Reservations Find out how the State Park Reservation System works for you.