What can you do to prevent ESD?
ESD is invisible, odorless and silent. Never enter the water when near boats or docks powered with electricity. The following tips are ways that you can help prevent ESD:
- Do not enter water near a marina or dock.
- Turn off the shore power connection and/or disconnect power cord from pedestal.
- If you feel a tingling sensation, get out of the water and report it to staff.
- Notify the harbormaster of any electrical safety hazards so they can be fixed.
- Pets are also impacted by ESD. Do not allow your pet to enter the water.