There are a number of special ORV-use areas in Michigan. These areas typically include a finite area with marked boundaries, where cross-country ORV travel is permitted without the use of a designated ORV Trail or Route.
- Black Lake Scramble Area (approximately 64 acres of the Black Mountain Forest Recreation Area in the Atlanta Forest Management Unit)
- Bull Gap (only designated motorized area in Huron National Forest)
- The Mounds (Genesee County Park)
- Silver Lake State Park (DNR - located in Oceana County and is the only state park that allows off-road and all-terrain vehicles)
- St. Helen's Motorsport Area (two square miles of state forest land in the Roscommon Forest Management Unit)
Please note that a Recreation Passport is required for entry into Silver Lake State Park. Check with the land owners of the other scramble areas for entry requirements in addition to an ORV license.