Parks & Recreation Division Green Initiatives
The Recreation Division's Green Initiatives Committee is charged with the following:
- Coordinate roll out of state wide initiatives
- Designate test parks for implementation of trial initiatives
- Serve as contact for the field concerning Green Initiatives Program
- Identify educational opportunities for staff and public
- Research and identify funding sources to support Green Initiatives program
- Serve as contact with DMB concerning contracting of green products.
- Evaluate and quantify success or initiatives.
Greg Kinser, Hartwick Pines State Park Supervisor, is the acting chair. Other members include:
- Carl Lindell, Bay City District Office
- Karen Gourlay, Maybury State Park
- Lisa Gamero, Recreation Division Office
- Karen Edlin, Office of Pollution Prevention and Compliance Assistance
- Chuck Allen, Tawas Point State Park and Harbor
- Tim Machowicz, Sleepy Hollow State Park