Highland Recreation Area - Phase 2
The following steps have been taken to develop a general management plan for Highland Recreation Area:
- The phase 1 general management plan for Highland Recreation Area was approved in April 2011. The plan identifies the purpose and significance of the park and designated management zones, which reflects the land preservation goals and recreation programming for different areas within the park. A stakeholder workshop was held in November 2016 to help gather public input on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- The DNR has recently drafted a phase 2 general management plan for Highland Recreation Area, which builds upon the previous planning effort in phase 1. The plan includes long-range action goals for the park as a whole and for each of the management zones defined in phase 1. Action goals have been developed that address natural resources, historic/cultural resources, recreation opportunities, educational/interpretation opportunities, management focus and future development.
An open house was held on Jan. 26, 2017 to solicit public feedback on the draft phase 2 plan.
Public meeting presentation and reports
- Highland Recreation Area phase 2 general management plan Jan. 26, 2017 presentation
- Highland Recreation Area Plan phase 2 general management plan Jan. 26 presentation public question and comments
- Stakeholder workshop presentation Aug. 16, 2016
- View the public workshop results November 2016
- Stakeholder workshop presentation Aug. 16, 2016 minutes
Staff Contact: Matt Lincoln
DNR – Parks & Recreation Division