- Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors subscribers are always first to hear about state park events, reservation opportunities and other outdoor happenings. Subscribe to the state park email newsletter!
In the News
- 2018 Detroit Grand Prix tickets go on sale Tuesday (Crain's Detroit Business)
- Gene Shepherd Park to Macomb Orchard Trail connection now open (C&G Newspapers)
- 5 state parks to allow pets in cabins beginning Nov. 1 (The Detroit News)
- DNR to give 92-pound Petoskey stone new home in Detroit (UpNorthLive.com)
- Opening of new non-motorized trail celebrated in Keweenaw County (TV 6 Fox UP)
- Northern Michigan in Focus: The Forever Tree's New Purpose (9 & 10 News)
- 36 Hours in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (The New York Times)
- 5 Michigan Trails with a Twist (ActionHub)
- Get free or discounted passes to parks, cultural sites (The Detroit News)
- Improvements to Glassman Park taking shape (Harbor Country News)
Parks and Recreation Press ReleasesJanuary 2016
While New Year’s fitness resolutions often go by the wayside before the first flip of the calendar page, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources suggests a different approach to exercise that might help people stick with a healthier lifestyle beyond a few weeks – combining exercise with family and friends while they get outside and move. The DNR is encouraging Michigan residents to make 2016 #MiShoeYear and to put on their shoes, skis or skates to start getting fresh air fit.
Top of Page