Play, Clean, Go!
Seeds and plant fragments from invasive species can be transported on shoes, clothing and gear. Whether you are hiking, biking or birdwatching, you can help reduce the spread of terrestrial (land-based) invasive species by following these steps.
- Remove plants, seeds and mud from boots, pets, vehicles and gear before leaving a recreation or hunting site.
- Stay on designated trails or access areas.
- If possible, park in non-vegetated areas to avoid carrying seeds on your vehicle to new locations.
- Clean your gear thoroughly before heading to a new site.
- Don’t bring firewood with you, and don’t take firewood home.