The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. The DNR strives to:
- Protect natural and cultural resources.
- Ensure sustainable recreation use and enjoyment.
- Enable strong natural resource-based economies.
- Improve and build strong relationships and partnerships.
- Foster effective business practices and good governance.
- DNR 2014 Snapshot of Accomplishments Check out this brief look at some of the good things happening statewide!
- Economic Impact
Did you know hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation are a big boost to Michigan's economy?
- Natural Resources at a Glance Learn about the variety of natural resources (and associated recreation opportunities) in Michigan.
- Subscribe to updates from the DNR
Meet the Director
- Keith Creagh brings vast experience and a love of the outdoors to his position as DNR director. He has a robust background in policy development, strategic planning and relationship building and avidly pursues his lifelong interests in hunting, fishing, camping and hiking.
- DNR Directors Past and Present
1921 through today...