Hunting Locations with Accessible Features

  • The following State Game Areas have universally accessible features. For more information about these features and their location within the State Game Areas, please call the specified phone number. 

    • Allegan State Game Area: 269-673-2430
    • Fish Point State Wildlife Area: 989-674-2511
    • Maple River State Game Area: 517-373-9358
    • Nayanquing Point State Wildlife Area: 989-697-5101
    • Sanilac State Game Area: 989-872-5300
    • Shiawassee River State Game Area: 989-865-6211

    See a list of all State Game/Wildlife Areas with details and maps

  • Accessible Hunting Blind for Rent in Select Areas

    A fully accessible hunting blind at Rifle River Recreation Area is available for reservations. Affixed to a trailer, the blind will be available for use at three different hunting locations which have been strategically selected along an active wildlife corridor.

Special Hunting Opportunities

Permits, Licenses, Examptions

  • Argo Use on State Land

    This addresses only Michigan's state regulations. To determine regulations on federal property, contact the federal agency with jurisdiction over the areas where you wish to operate.

  • Bow Permits for Hunters with Disabilities

    A person with a temporary or permanent disability may apply for a permit to use a crossbow or modified bow during the late archery season in the Upper Peninsula or the Bear Archery season.

  • Hunting on Game Bird Preserves for People with Disabilities

    Creates an exception for a person with a disability to requirements regarding the transport and possession of a firearm in a vehicle, and allows a person with a disability to possess a loaded firearm ...

  • Laser Sighting Devices for Hunters with Disabilities

    Information about using a laser sighting device to take gave with a firearm or crossbow for hunters who are legally blind and for hunters with other permanent disabilities.

  • ORV Certification for Persons with a Disability

    Persons that meet the criteria are permitted to operate licensed ATVs/ORVs on forest roads that are open to public vehicular travel on state lands (including those not posted open to ORVs).

  • Permit to Hunt from a Standing Vehicle

    A person who is permanently disabled and unable to walk in a hunting situation may apply for a permit to hunt from a standing vehicle.

  • Resident Veterans with Disabilities

    For Michigan residents who are veterans with 100-percent disability or active-duty military, fees are waived for hunting and fishing licenses not obtained through a lottery. Any person who has been issued a permit to hunt from a standing vehicle, or who has been issued a disabled person parking permit by the Secretary of State, or who ...