Temporary closures and maintenance updates
Closures may take place due to improvement projects, repairs and weather-related events. The information provided below may not include intermittent closures.
In addition, a summary of recent openings and other announcements will be included.
- Chestonia Bridge over Jordan River at Old State Road & Cokirs Creek Box Culvert Crossing to Begin
The Antrim County Road Commission will begin construction of a new Chestonia Bridge on Old State Road over the Jordan River on Feb. 28. A detour will be put in place and the project is expected to wrap up in early July 2017. (updated Jan. 18, 2017)
- Snowmobile Trail 968 temporary closure near Mio (Huron-Manistee National Forest)
The section of snowmobile trail 968 between Zimouske and Mishler roads will be closed temporarily due to a portion of the trail being washed out.
- Pere Marquette Rail Trail Snowmobile Trail No. 30 (Osceola County)
The trail is closed for one day while the city of Evart replaces a water line. The closure is anticipated to take place sometime between now and February 2017. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- Snowmobile Trail No. 614 (Mason and western Lake counties)
The trail is closed for the 2016-17 snowmobile season. It has been determined that three bridges along the trail are structurally unsafe and the trail base has degraded due to higher-than-normal water levels. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- Snowmobile Trails No. 11N, 11S and 160 (Gogebic County)
The trail is closed this season due to a loss of private land permission last year. A reroute is being sought. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- Snowmobile Trails No. 487, 'Skyline' No. 489 (Crawford, Roscommon counties)
The trail is closed due to loss of connectivity. Trail sponsors and the DNR are working to establish a new connection. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- North Eastern State Trail Snowmobile Trail No. 9 (Presque Isle County)
The trail is temporarily rerouted around the Ocqueoc River crossing in Presque Isle County due to an ongoing bridge replacement project. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- DNR reopens snowmobile trail No. 2 (Dickinson County)
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources recently reopened a section of Snowmobile Trail No. 2, as work was completed to repair railings and decking on a bridge between Michigan and Wisconsin, west of Iron Mountain. updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- Snowmobile Trail #14 in Marquette Township to reopen
Thanks to the efforts of several local trail partners and cooperation of a key landowner, a segment of Snowmobile Trail #14 in Marquette Township (Marquette County) is now for public use. (updated Dec. 13, 2016)
- DTE Energy Foundation Trail parking lot intermittently will close to minimize activity when erosive trail conditions exist
The trail parking lot intermittently will close when erosive trail conditions exist due to wet weather and there is a need to minimize activity along the trail. Updates will be available at https://www.facebook.com/dtetrail. (updated Jan. 25, 2017)