Minerals Overview - Michigan.gov/minerals
- The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, Public Act 451 of 1994, as amended, provides protection and enhancement of the public trust for managing these land and mineral resources.
Mineral information is available at the program links identified below; additional questions or comments may be directed to staff.
Program Information Contact Information Metallic or Nonmetallic Minerals Karen Maidlow
Mineral Purchases Karen Maidlow
Oil and Gas Julie Manson
Underground Gas Storage Karen Maidlow
Additional questions or comments may be directed to 517-284-5844 or DNR-Minerals@michigan.gov.
- Metallic Minerals Lease Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Oil and Gas Lease Classifications
- Office of Minerals Management Staff Contact and Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions About Oil and Gas Leases in Michigan
- Oil & Gas Lease Auction Information
- Recreational Gold Panning and Sluicing on State Land
- Kennecott Eagle Mine Project Information