Minerals Overview - Michigan.gov/minerals
- The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, Public Act 451 of 1994, as amended, provides protection and enhancement of the public trust for managing these land and mineral resources.
Mineral information is available at the program links identified below; additional questions or comments may be directed to staff.
Program Information Contact Information Metallic or Nonmetallic Minerals Karen Maidlow 517-284-5880 email@example.com Mineral Purchases Karen Maidlow 517-284-5880 firstname.lastname@example.org Oil and Gas Julie Manson 517-284-5881 email@example.com Underground Gas Storage Peter Rose 517-284-5901 firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional questions or comments may be directed to 517-284-5844 or DNR-Minerals@michigan.gov.
- Office of Minerals Management Staff Contact and Responsibilities
- Oil & Gas Lease Auction Information
- Frequently Asked Questions About Oil and Gas Leases in Michigan
- Kennecott Eagle Mine Project Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Oil and Gas Lease Classifications
- Recreational Gold Panning and Sluicing on State Land The DNR adopted rules aimed at making recreational gold panning and sluicing on state land accessible to outdoor enthusiasts.