Featured Information - Michigan.gov/minerals
- Land Use Orders of the Director - Caves and Abandoned Mines
- Metallic Minerals Lease Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Oil and Gas Lease Classifications
- Office of Minerals Management Staff Contact and Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions About Oil and Gas Leases in Michigan
- Oil & Gas Lease Auction Information
- Recreational Gold Panning and Sluicing on State Land
- Kennecott Eagle Mine Project Information
Minerals Program Information
- The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, Public Act 451 of 1994, as amended, provides protection and enhancement of the public trust for managing these land and mineral resources.
Program Information Contact Person Contact Phone Number
Mineral information is available at the program links identified below; additional questions or comments may be directed to staff.
Metallic or Nonmetallic Minerals Karen Maidlow 517-284-5880 Mineral Purchases Karen Maidlow 517-284-5880 Oil and Gas Julie Manson 517-284-5881 Underground Gas Storage Karen Maidlow 517-284-5880
Additional questions or comments may be directed to 517-284-5844 or DNR-Minerals@michigan.gov.