Commercial Timber Sales - Michigan.gov/timber
Bid Reports, Prices and Unsold Sales
- Bid Summary ReportsResults of sealed bid, lump sum bidding on state forest timber sales.
- Stumpage Price Reports
- Stumpage Prices Over Time Excel spreadsheet showing price trends of major species/products on the State Forest since January 2005 (FY05, 2nd quarter). Data is shown for oak, pine, aspen, sugar maple and other hardwoods. The Anderson Index, which is an overall price index, is also included.
- Sawmill PricesWondering what mills are offering for delivered logs? Contact local sawmills to find today's delivered log prices. Sawmills can be found by visiting Michigan Forest Products Industry and clicking on "Directory Queries."
- Unsold Timber Sales Advertised state forest timber sales sometimes go unsold. These sales are often available on a "first-come, first-served" basis for those purchasers willing to pay the advertised price. This report contains a list of unsold sales, updated monthly, which may be available for immediate purchase. Contact the office indicated for availability and additional information. Once the link is clicked, choose the "Link to Last Prospectus" option to view the sale conditions and requirements, map, price and species/products.
Timber Sale Prices on the Web
Standing Timber Sale
- Timbersource.comChoose the Timber Sales tab, then search on Michigan, then Public Sales for DNR Sales and Prospectuses.