Land Sales & Land Auctions
The DNR will post a sealed bid surplus land auction online between December 6, 2016 and January 10, 2017. The auction will feature parcels located in counties mainly in Central/Northern Lower Michigan and in the Upper Peninsula, including Arenac, Baraga, Chippewa, Clare, Gladwin, Lake, Livingston, Mackinac, Manistee, Midland, Newaygo, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Presque Isle, Roscommon and Wexford Counties. Property listing information and bid forms will not be able available until the auction start date. Sealed bids must be submitted by mail. Preliminary information regarding the properties, such as acreage, property description and minimum bid price can be found in the 2017 winter auction parcel list, click here.
- Buy Now! Properties for Sale!
Properties from the 2016 Summer Auctions that did not receive successful bids have been relisted for sale. Other properties that did not sell in previous auctions are also available for immediate purchase.
- Subscribe to Land for Sale updates from Michigan DNR
- Land Sales & Auctions: Terms and Conditions The terms and conditions of purchasing DNR lands owned by the State of Michigan are covered in this document. It is important that you read and understand all the terms and conditions of DNR Land Sales.
- Exchange Land With the DNR
- Land Transaction Application
- Private Road Easement Letter and Application
- Frequently Asked Questions Sealed bid land auctions, frequently asked questions.