Land Sales & Land Auctions
2018 Winter DNR Surplus Land Auction
The DNR will post a sealed bid surplus land auction online between December 12, 2017 and January 10, 2018. The auction will feature parcels located in counties mainly in central/northern Lower Michigan and in the Upper Peninsula, including Alpena, Arenac, Barry, Bay, Cheboygan, Dickinson, Gladwin, Iron, Kalkaska, Lake, Menominee, Midland, Montmorency, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oakland, Oscoda and Roscommon Counties. Property listing information and bid forms will not be available until the auction start date. Sealed bids must be submitted by mail. Preliminary information regarding the properties, such as acreage, legal description and minimum bid price will be posted soon.
- Search BuyNow! Properties
Properties from the 2017 winter auction that did not receive successful bids have been relisted for sale. Other properties that did not sell in previous auctions are also available for immediate purchase.
- Subscribe to Land for Sale updates from Michigan DNR
- Land Sales & Auctions: Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of purchasing DNR lands owned by the State of Michigan are covered in this document. It is important that you read and understand all the terms and conditions of DNR Land Sales.
- Land Exchange Property Search
- Land Transaction Application
- Private Road Easement Letter and Application
- Private Road Easement Application
- Frequently Asked Questions Sealed bid land auctions, frequently asked questions.