Reservations for naturalist-guided and self-guided visits to the Gillette Sand Dune Visitor Center can be made by calling the center at 231-798-3573. Sign-up for your field trip during the following registration times:
Spring: January 27-30, 2015
Fall: September 2-4, 2015
Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 8 a.m. on the first day of the sign-up window. Reservations will continue to be taken that day until all time slots have been filled. It is not uncommon for all guided program slots to be filled by 10 a.m. You are encouraged to call. E-mail may not be checked until later in the day.
There is less competition for a self-guided visit. If you wish to make a reservation for a self-guided visit we recommend you wait until day two when the decrease in call volume will make it easier for you to get through. If you are thinking about a particular date, please e-mail Elizabeth Brockwell-Tillman, park interpreter.
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- School name, address and phone number
- Names of participating teachers
- Grade level and number of students
- Program title requested
- Preferred date (Please choose at least three alternative dates that work with transportation)
Makeup or rainout dates cannot be scheduled in advance.
- No interpretive fee
- No admission fee to the Gillette Sand Dune Visitor Center
- A Recreation Passport is required for all vehicles entering the park.