The primary goal of the Private Lands Program (PLP) is to provide private landowners with the resources to create and manage habitat to benefit a variety of wildlife. The PLP provides technical and financial assistance to eligible landowners for habitat improvements that address wildlife needs.
To learn more about the types of assistance available, eligible projects and how to obtain assistance, select your region below.
- For landowners who may not qualify for the PLP, there are a variety of resources available. For information on state and federal programs, local organizations or additional technical guidance - click on the links below.
- MDNR Forest Stewardship Program
- MDNR Invasive Species Program
- MDARD Forestry Assistance Program
- Managing Michigan's Wildlife: A Landowner's Guide
- Michigan Invasive Species Coalition
- Bird Conservation on Private Lands
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Partners for Fish and Wildlife
- US Department of Agriculture Conservation Programs
- US EPA Wetland Landowner Assistance and Stewardship
- US Forest Service Cooperative Forestry