Enter to win a War Eagle duck hunting boat, motor and trailer!
As part of the DNR's Explore Michigan's Wetland Wonders campaign, Consumer's Energy and the Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC) has partnered with the DNR to hold an annual contest for hunters; The Wetland Wonders Challenge contest.
Michigan's Wetland Wonders Challenge gives you the chance to hunt the ducks and geese that depend on the state's wetlands. This fall, we're inviting you to join us at Michigan's seven Managed Waterfowl Hunt Areas (MWHA's) to experience the outstanding hunting opportunities available in Southern Michigan. The seven MWHA's are:
- Allegan State Game Area's Fennville Farm Unit
- Fish Point
- Harsens Island
- Muskegon County Wastewater Facility and Muskegon State Game Area
- Nayanquing Point
- Pointe Mouillee State Game Area
- Shiawassee River State Game Area
These areas offer superior opportunities to enjoy, appreciate and be inspired by Michigan's marshes and wetland wildlife. The Managed Waterfowl Areas are Michigan's Wetland Wonders. These Managed Waterfowl Hunt Areas, scattered across the southern Lower Peninsula, were created in the 1960s and 1970s to provide exceptional waterfowl hunting opportunities, and they're still managed today to provide waterfowl habitat for nesting and migration and for the benefit of other wetland wildlife. Since the beginning, these areas were funded by hunting license fees and fees from managed area use permits purchased by hunters, but they are open for anyone to visit, use and enjoy most of the year.
From October 14, 2017 through February 15, 2018, these sites will play host to the Wetland Wonders Challenge, where you can explore, hunt and win. To enter the challenge, just visit three of the official Wetland Wonders Challenge sites and fill out an entry form. Visit four or more official Wetland Wonders Challenge sites and receive a bonus entry into the contest for each site visited, giving you more chances to win! Participants who submit a punch card with punches from all seven MWHA's will receive a prize! MUCC will draw seven winners on March 1, 2018.
One grand prize winner will take home a War Eagle boat package. Six additional winners will receive a duck hunting prize package worth over $1,000 that includes decoys, calls, a shotgun and much more! All seven winners will bring home a golden ticket, good for first choice pick at any Managed Waterfowl Hunt Area drawing (non-reserved) for the 2018-19 waterfowl season.
We hope to see you soon at an event and enjoy everything Michigan's Wetland Wonders have to offer!
The Seven Prize Packages
One grand prize winner will receive the following War Eagle Boat prize package:
- A War Eagle 1436 boat, Backwater 10hp longtail motor or 9.9hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboard motor, and a galvanized trailer.
- A Golden Ticket good for one first choice pick at a Managed Waterfowl Hunt Area drawing (non-reserved) for the 2018-19 waterfowl hunting season
Six additional winners will take home the duck hunting prize package which includes:
- 12 Gauge Shotgun
- Zink custom Duck Call
- Zink custom Goose Call
- Avian X Goose Decoys
- Avian X Mallard Duck Decoys
- Golden Ticket good for good for one first choice pick at a Managed Waterfowl Hunt Area drawing (non-reserved) for the 2018-19 waterfowl hunting season
- Waterfowl Hunting Gear (Shotgun Case, Decoy Anchors, Waterfowl Field Bag, Game Strap, Hunting Cushion, and more!)