All About Burning
- Who Needs a Burn Permit, Who Does Not Make sure you know whether you need a burn permit.
- Daily National Situation Report
- Campfire and Outdoor Burning Tips The burning of logs, brush, charcoal, and other similar materials for the purpose of food preparation or recreation does not require a permit under the State of Michigan Forest Fire Law. Other local laws may apply, always check first.
- Laws, Safety and Alternatives Burn permits are not required for household waste burned in a properly constructed burn barrel or home incinerator. Each year the leading cause of wildland fires is burning debris. Please be sure you follow these guidelines to assure your safety.
- Large Scale Extended Burning Requiring a Blanket Burn Permits Ongoing burns for construction and land clearing, roadway maintenance, and uncertified party's performing prescribed burns without a written plan require a burn permit issued by the local DNR Fire Manager.