Forest Health - Michigan.gov/foresthealth
- Forest PestIf you think you may have insects or disease invading your trees, you can use the pictures found here to verify the threat.
- Asian Longhorned Beetle [INVASIVE SPECIES]
- Balsam Woolly Adelgid [INVASIVE SPECIES]
- Emerald Ash BorerAsh Management - Emerald Ash Borer - IC 4029
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid [INVASIVE SPECIES]
- Sudden Oak Death
On State Forest Timber Sale Contracts American beech wood products with bark still attached, other than chips, are not to be transported from counties infested with beech scale to or through uninfested beech counties in the Lower Peninsula or to Wisconsin from July 15 to November 15. Beech scale is mobile at this time of year and can move from infested wood to live beech.
Exception: Truckloads containing beech originating in an infested county in the Lower Peninsula can be transported through uninfested counties to another infested county in the Lower Peninsula provided the truck takes the most direct route using only primary roads and does not stop in uninfested counties.
Beech wood products originating within the Upper Peninsula can be transported without restrictions during this period within the Upper Peninsula only.