How to List Land in the Commercial Forest Program
How to Apply to List land in the CF program
2. Have a forest management plan written for the land and certify that the plan is in effect. (link to Management Plan Content - under Land Owner Tab)
3. Complete the Application to List Land, PR4042.
Note: A separate application and application fee must be submitted for each county in which application land is located.
A Complete CF List Application includes:
- all fields filled in accurately, including legal description of application parcel(s);
- the notarized signature of all legal landowner(s);
- copy of the recorded deed(s) or land contract evidencing current legal ownership of the application land;
- copy of any Conservation Easement or other Restrictive document to which the application is subject
- Forest Management Plan;
- Completed Forest Management Plan Certification form (PR 4113)
- Non-refundable application fee:
- The fee for listing 200 acres or less is $200.00;
- The fee for listing 201 acres or more is $1.00 per acre (or fraction thereof), up to a maximum of $1,000.00.
4. Applications must be postmarked or delivered no later than April 1 of each year in order for the land to be eligible for listing in CF the following tax year.
e.g. submit List Application by April 1, 2016 for listing in Tax Year 2017.
Mail Complete List Application to:
P.O. Box 30451
Lansing, MI 48909