All timber management, tree cutting, and reforestation on listed lands must be done according to the written forest management plan in effect for those lands.
Landowners must notify the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in writing 30 days prior to any cutting, harvesting, or removal of forest products on listed land.
- Operations are limited to the descriptions and harvest practices identified on the notification.
- The DNR approves the notifications for a period not to exceed 2 years.
- If the harvesting operations (except for transport of products) are not completed in that period, the landowner must submit another Notification form to the DNR.
- If there are any changes to the harvest that is described on the Notification form, including parcel descriptions, harvest practices or other terms on the form, the landowner shall notify the DNR.
- Harvesting, cutting or removing forest products in violation of the statute (and having a value of more than $2,500.00) is a felony subject to fine and/or imprisonment.