How to Apply for Part 512
How to Apply for Part 512 Listing
- Make sure your land meets the eligibility requirements of Part 512 (link to Program Summary for Part 512)
- Complete the Part 512 Application, PR 4103 (link to Application to List Commercial Forest (CF) Land with Sustainable Forest Conservation Easement” (PR4103)
A Complete Part 512 List Application includes:
- all fields filled in accurately, including legal description of application parcel(s);
- the notarized signature of all legal landowner(s);
- a copy of the sustainable forestry conservation easement;
- evidence that the land or the manager of the land is third-party certified;
- A non-refundable application fee:
- The fee for listing 200 acres or less is $200.00;
- The fee for listing 201 acres or more is $2.00 per acre (or fraction thereof), up to a maximum of $1,000.00.
3. Applications must be postmarked or delivered no later than April 1 of each year in order for the land to be eligible for listing in Part 512 the following tax year.
e.g. submit List Application by April 1, 2016 for Part 512 listing in Tax Year 2017.
Mail Complete List Application to:
P.O. Box 30451
Lansing, MI 48909