Part 512 Requirements
(in addition to Commercial Forest requirements)
Land must be subject to a Sustainable Forest Conservation Easement that:
- meets description in Section 2140 (link)
- is approved by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and
- meets the following criteria:
- must be granted in perpetuity to the State of Michigan, a political subdivision of the State of Michigan, or a charitable organization that meets the requirements of the internal revenue code.
- Must cover commercial forest land of 40 or more acres in size.
- Must provide for non-motorized recreational use of the forestland by members of the public.
- The land (or the Manager of the land) must be certified under a sustainable forestry certification program that uses independent third party auditors and is recognized by the DNR.
Landowners with a sustainable forest conservation easement under the CF statute must comply with all requirements of the CF statute