Licenses, Applications & Permits
- Purchase an ORV, hunting or fishing license online
ORV/ATV, hunting and fishing licenses can be purchased online for your convenience.
Licenses are required for recreational activities including snowmobiling, boating, ORV riding, land use, and more. Other permits are required to use state land or to be licensed to work with or collect natural resources. These pages contain information on who needs to have a license or permit for which activities, and how to apply for them.
Learn about the restructuring of hunting/fishing licenses
- Starting March 1, 2014, hunting, fishing and ORV license prices will change. The new price structure will create a simpler, more fair and efficient license buying process. We've reduced over 200 different license types to just over 40, improving hunting and fishing opportunities through better habitat, and making trails safer for ORV riders. Find out what these changes mean for you and which license(s) you'll need next time you go hunting, fishing or ORV riding. Learn more about the new hunting, fishing and ORV license structure.
- Subscribe to updates from the DNR
- Agricultural & Food Licensing, Permits, Registration and Certification
- Business & Industry, Permits, Licenses, Registration and Certification
- Environmental Permits, Licenses and Certifications
- Individual Licenses
- Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
- Vehicular, Permits, Licenses, Registration and Certification