Recreation and Camping
- Purchase an ORV, hunting or fishing license online
ORV/ATV, hunting and fishing licenses can be purchased online for your convenience.
- ORV Licenses: prices, requirements and how to buy
- PR-4760 Event Application/Permit to Use State Lands
Request permission to host an event or program at state parks, recreation areas, rail trails and boating access sites. Please provide a detailed description and additional requested documents, such as maps as part of the application.
- Event Fee Schedule
Outlines the fees associated with PR-4760 Event Application/Permit to Use State Land.
- PR4761 Exhibit B Event Calendar Form
May be submitted with PR-4760 if the event organizer would like to have public event posted on the DNR calendar.
- PR-1138 Event Application/Permit to Use State Land
Request permission to host an event on all other lands (ie. state forest land). Please provide a detailed description and additional requested documents, such as maps as part of the application.
- PR-1138-1 Non-Event Application/Permit to Use State Land
Request permission to use state land for any commercial or non-event purposes.
- PR-9204 Marine Special Event Application and Permit
Request permission to host an event or program that is utilizing marine resources, such as lakes or rivers.
Permits & Certifications
- Boating Safety Certificate
- Off Road Vehicle (ORV) Safety Certificate
- Snowmobile Trail Permit
In addition to registering a snowmobile at the Secretary of State, a person (resident and non residents) that operates a snowmobile in Michigan is required to purchase a snowmobile trail permit sticker.
- Dispersed Camping Permit Fill out the Camp Registration Card to obtain your permit.
- Permission to Use State Lands In an effort to consistently administer and regulate certain activities such as commercial operations and events that may occur on state lands, the DNR has developed a draft procedure for the review of applications for these activities to be conducted on state lands.