Michigan Volunteer Fire AssistanceProgram Objective(s):
To assist fire departments in acquiring fire fighting equipment for local communities.
The number of fire departments involved; number of communities served; population of area served; number of formal, written, nonpay mutual aid agreements; annual budget; type of organization (paid or volunteer); current participation in FHA Community Facilities Loan; currently under a commercial loan; unusual fire hazards; type of water supply; and insurance classification.
Fire departments in rural communities with populations of 10,000 or less and that have publicly-owned forested land within protection area.
- Local fire department makes application to Division's Management Unit Office. Applications are mailed to fire departments during the application period.
- Management Unit prioritizes applications within unit and forwards to Division.
- Division office prioritizes applications Statewide and awards grants.
- Fire department purchases equipment and sends documentation to Division.
- Division pays 50 percent of the cost, up to allocation amount.
Applications by June of each year; project completion by August 1 of the following year.
Grantees are notified of a grant award by November 15
Dollar Amount(s) Available:
No minimum or maximum amount.
Source(s) of Funds:
Cooperative Forest Assistance Act of 1978, P. L. 95-313.
Forest Resources Division, Jack Schultz 517-284-5900 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately $250,000 available each fiscal year.