Michigan Invasive Species Grants Program (MISGP)
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development have partnered to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
The main objectives of the MISGP program are to:
- Prevent new introductions of invasive species through outreach and education.
- Monitor for new invasive species as well as expansions of current invasive species.
- Respond and conduct eradication efforts to new findings and range expansions.
- Manage and control key colonized species in a strategic manner.
2016 Grant Calendar
- Request for Proposals: May 2
- Informational Webinar: May 12
- Pre-proposal Deadline: June 15
- Invitations for Full Proposals: July 15
- Full Proposal Deadline: September 15
- Award Announcements: December 2016 - January 2017
- 2014 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2015 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2016 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects