Michigan Invasive Species Grants Program (MISGP)
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development have partnered to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
The main objectives of the MISGP program are to:
- Prevent new introductions of invasive species through outreach and education.
- Monitor for new invasive species as well as expansions of current invasive species.
- Respond and conduct eradication efforts to new findings and range expansions.
- Manage and control key colonized species in a strategic manner.
Tentative 2017 Grant Calendar
- Request for Proposals: May 2
- Informational Webinar: May 23
- Pre-proposal Deadline: June 13
- Invitations for Full Proposals: July 14
- Full Proposal Deadline: September 18
- Award Announcements: January 2017
- Executed Project Agreements: February 28
- 2014 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2015 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects
- 2016 Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program-Funded Projects