- Michigan Hunting Access Program Digest
Please see the Michigan Hunting Access Program Digest for a complete listing of HAP rules
HAP lands are privately owned lands for which the landowners have agreed to allow public access. All hunters are responsible to know and understand the rules of the program, as well as rules of each property and state and federal regulations. Please treat these privately owned lands with respect and observe the following:
- You must follow all individual landowner rules as described in registration folder.
- Hunting is the ONLY activity allowed on HAP lands.
- You must register every time you hunt on HAP lands at the farm’s headquarter or service station.
- You are only allowed to hunt species listed under “Hunt Types” for each individual farm as listed in the HAP digest.
- You are only allowed to hunt during seasons listed for each individual farm in HAP digest.
- Driving on HAP lands is banned unless you have landowner permission.
- Do not block drives or lanes. Park in designated area when provided by landowner.
- Use of ORVs is prohibited without landowner permission.
- Hunting in or damaging standing crops is banned.
- Use of permanent blinds, tree stands or nails/screws in trees are prohibited.
- Clean up after yourself; No littering allowed.
- All rules and regulations enforced by the DNR still apply while hunting on HAP lands.
Department of Natural Resources