- Animal Health E-Mail List Sign up and MDARD will keep you informed of animal health issues that impact livestock owners.
- About Emerging Diseases Emerging Infectious diseases that may be transmitted between animals and humans are a concern for all people, no matter what their age, gender, lifestyle, ethnic background, or economic status.
- Why Emerging Diseases? Understanding how diseases spread between hosts is of major importance. Emerging diseases are often zoonotic, that is; diseases that may be transmitted between humans and animals.
- Partners in disease eradication and preparedness Michigan is fortunate to have agencies and organizations jointly participating in the surveillance, control, and/or eradication of diseases concerning humans, wildlife and domestic animals.
About the Diagnostic Labratories
Sites of Interest
- Michigan Veterinary Medical Association
- Scrub Club to the Rescue
- Who should report conditions and diseases that threaten the health of the public?
- Michigan Office of Public Health Preparedness
- "Pestworld for kids"
- Center for Comparative Epidemiology - Michigan State University
- United States Geological Survey (USGS) National Wildlife Health Center
- United States Animal Health Association (USAHA)
- Southeast Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study (SCWDS)
- Office International des Epizooties - animal disease status world-wide
- Merck Veterinary Manual
- Bird Disease Field Manual - U.S. Geological Survey National Wildlife Health Center
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)