WNV Surveillance Maps
- A corvid is a bird that is a member of the Corvidae family (or crow family), which includes crows, blue jays and ravens. Corvids appear to be especially susceptible to West Nile virus infection and can be used as an early indicator of the virus in an area.
- Map: Sick/Dead Birds Reported, 2016
Map of corvids reported and/or tested that were found dead or had symptoms of West Nile Virus infection.
- Map: Human Cases, 2016
Map of human testing results confirmed by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services, Bureau of Laboratories.
- Map: Mosquito Testing, 2016
Map of mosquitoes collected by Michigan's mosquito control districts and health departments, and tested by the Michigan State University Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
- Map: Horse Cases, 2016
Map of results of testing on equines (horses) submitted to the Michigan State University Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health.
- Map: Other Animals Tested, 2016
Map of results of testing on wild birds and mammals (non corvid), domestic and zoo animals (excludes horses) submitted to the Michigan State University Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health.
- Other Arboviruses in Humans Testing Results, 2016
Map of results of testing for arboviruses (insect-borne viruses) other than West Nile Virus in humans, as diagnosed by the Michigan Department of Community Health Bureau of Laboratories.
WNV Surveillance Tables
- Corvids Reported by County Table of corvids reported via the on-line reporting form, updated daily at 4 am. Only counties with corvids reported sick or dead will be listed in the drop-down box.
- Table: Sick/Dead Birds Reported, 2016
Table of corvids reported via the on-line reporting form, by week and by county. Corvid numbers per week are based on the date the bird was observed sick or dead. Only counties with corvid birds reported will be listed.
- Table: Other Animals Tested, 2016
Table of testing results on non-corvid birds and mammals submitted to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the Michigan State University Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health. Table is updated as results become available.
- All Wildlife Reported Table of all wildlife reported (includes corvids) via the on-line reporting form, updated daily at 4 a.m.
- Table: Human Cases, 2015
West Nile virus human cases by county, age, sex and fatality, confirmed by the Michigan Department of Community Health, Bureau of Laboratories.
- 2015 Surveillance Maps
- 2014 Surveillance Maps
- 2013 Surveillance Maps
- 2012 Surveillance Maps
- 2011 Surveillance Maps
- 2010 Surveillance Maps
- 2009 Surveillance Maps
- 2008 Surveillance Maps
- 2007 Surveillance Maps
- 2006 Surveillance Maps
- 2005 Surveillance Maps
- 2004 Surveillance Maps
- 2003 Surveillance Maps
- 2002 Surveillance Maps
- 2001 Surveillance Maps