MAE/MPSC Green Team discovers surprising result after using energy monitor on office appliances
To lead by example, the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE) and the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) are competing in the annual Battle of the Buildings, an awards and recognition program for energy use reduction that is open to all Michigan area commercial, industrial & multi-family buildings.
MAE’s and the MPSC’s Green Team has been searching for energy and water waste in the building.
Early results have truly been eye-opening, even for folks who think about energy every day.
Watch the video to find out what they learned.
Solar array on rooftop of River Rouge City Hall
River Rouge taking a community approach to reduce energy waste
River Rouge taking a community approach to reduce energy waste All over Michigan, communities are cutting their energy costs by implementing energy waste reduction at public facilities, thanks to grants from the Michigan Agency for Energy.
Last year, the City of River Rouge, received a Community Energy Management (CEM) grant from the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE).
Michigan Agency for Energy
The Michigan Agency for Energy’s (MAE) mission is to advance an adaptable, affordable, reliable, and environmentally-protective energy future for Michigan. Our work focuses on several areas:
- LED Exterior Lighting Rebate Program
The Michigan Energy Office (MEO) is offering rebates to eligible applicants to upgrade existing public exterior lighting with light emitting diode (LED) lights.
- Michigan QECB Allocation RFA posted
MAE has posted a Request for Applications (RFA) for state Qualified Energy Conservation Bond (QECB) allocations. QECB allocations lower financing costs for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Report To The Legislature
Review of Policies Relating to Carbon Dioxide Capture from Industrial Sources and the Use and Sequestration of Captured Carbon Dioxide in Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- The Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Information for new programs
- Electrify America - A Partnership with Michigan
Michigan partners join forces to submit an integrated vision for electric vehicle infrastructure and mobility support in response to the Volkswagen Group of America’s Electrify America RFP.
- Michigan Agency for Energy urges former Energy America residential customers to check their gas bills.
- Michigan businesses, organizations snap up funding for energy efficient lighting, saving 4.2 million kilowatt-hours of electricity a year
- Michigan Agency for Energy urges local officials to use time before Palisades' 2022 closing to prepare
- Michigan Agency for Energy calls for community effort to plan for future without Palisades
- State agencies call for immediate repair of damage to coating on Straits pipeline
- Efforts to reduce energy waste in Durand and Harper Woods receive State of Michigan support