Michigan Agency for Energy offers matching rebates for conversion to LED interior lighting in commercial buildings
Aug 14, 2017
Nick Assendelft (Michigan Agency for Energy), 517-284-8300
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE) today announced it is offering to match utility rebates for the conversion of existing lighting to light-emitting diode (LED) interior lighting in commercial buildings in Michigan. Financial assistance is available to any customer on a commercial rate, including municipalities and school districts, on a first-come, first-served basis.
The goal of the program is to encourage cost-effective energy upgrades that reduce operating costs for building owners, support local job creation and free up capital to reinvest in these businesses over the long term. Upgrades are expected to improve energy efficiency by 30 percent or more in each funded project.
- Applicant must be eligible for a utility rebate in the “commercial” program (residential program is not eligible).
- Applicant must have project work preapproved by a utility at the time of application.
- Purposed lighting must be LED fixture and DLC (Design Lights Consortium) listed.
- Project work must not have been started before the data of this solicitation release (see below).
- Bulk purchasing through MiDEAL is encouraged.
- Applicant will gather information and submit complete application.
- Applicant will receive email notification of application receipt.
- Michigan Energy Office (MEO) will have up to 30 days to approve or deny an application.
- If match is less than $2,500, a voucher will be provided to applicant in place of agreement.
- If match is more than $2,500, an applicant will enter into formal agreement with MEO.
- Applicant will submit final application for payment (including required documentation).
- MEO will verify installation (or will accept utility verification).
- MEO will pay out rebate within 45 days of verification.
Required Submission Documentation
- Rebate Application
- Verification of utility rebate preapproval.
- Reimbursement Process
- MEO preapproval of project.
- Proof of payment / receipts for LED lights installed.
- Proof of utility verification / rebate.
All questions regarding this solicitation should be directed to Jake Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #