- Lab Kids - Kindergarden - 3rd Grades Science is all around us.
Do you like solving puzzles? Science is about figuring how and why things work.
- Atomic Lab Kids - 4th - 8th Grades Do you like helping people? Lab scientists help detect conditions like diabetes by analyzing specimens.
Laboratory science professionals help physicians with patient treatment by analyzing specimens.
- Lab Teens - 9th - 12th Grades There are different career levels within the field of laboratory science, some only require an Associate's degree while others may require a Bachelor's degree and beyond
- Teachers Local school visits provide hands-on science demonstrations to introduce children and young adults to laboratory science.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Bureau of Laboratories is proud to announce our Explore Lab Science Program. The goal of the Explore Lab Science Program is to introduce children to lab science at an early age. There are three tiers within this program.
- Tier 1: K-3rd grade students are introduced to science in general terms.
- Tier 2: 4th-8th grade students are presented with laboratory terminology and learn basic experiments.
- Tier 3: High School students are presented with more complex laboratory experiments and demonstrations.
We hope introducing students at an early age to laboratory science will pique their natural curiosity to explore science so they may see this field as an option later in life when deciding on a college major or career.
School visits can be arranged by contacting Sandy Lenneman at LennemanS1@michigan.gov