The site provides information on a variety of issues important to current and former foster youth, as well as, links to other sites that share information on how to develop supports, find services, get answers to important questions and keep you posted on what's new.The FYIT web site was the result of a recommendation made by the Statewide Task Force on Youth Transitioning from Foster Care in 2006. Over 100 members from public and private organizations that care about improving services to foster youth participated. Youth representatives were part of the Task Force and acted as a lead for each of the six subcommittees that consisted of the State Court Administrative Office, Child Welfare Services Division; the Governor's Task Force on Children's Justice; the Department of Human Services, Child Welfare Institute; the Office of the Children's Ombudsman; and Children's Charter of the Courts of Michigan.
We want to know what you think. Send us comments in the feedback box. This site is for you - thanks for visiting.
- We Are What We Eat You Are What You Eat is a food and nutrition program for Kent County youth ages 14-21. Youth meet with a dietician one week, learn how to cook healthy meals another week and exercise on the third week. The goal is to educate youth about overall healthy eating and nutrition.
- Foster Care Transitional Medicaid The process for automatic and manual referrals for the Foster Care Transitional Medicaid (FCTMA) program will be corrected in Bridges April 25, 2014. This will impact applications for eligible youth who are currently leaving the Foster Care program.
- Nominate a DHS Employee for the Mentorship Award Honor outstanding DHS employees who have guided, supported, and promoted the personal and work related development of a foster youth, foster parent, or DHS client.
- A Handbook for Youth In Foster Care - Now Available! Recent changes in financial aid expand college opportunities for foster youth. See how these changes may affect you.
- MYOI Opportunity Passport Participant Survey If you are a young person enrolled in MYOI and need to take your survey - click on the link above!