Skip to main content
Healthy Michigan Home
Track Food & Activity
People with Disabilities
Why Diets Fail
Safe Weight Loss
5 Small Changes
Create a Personal Plan
Schools & Child Care
Healthy Child Care
You are here
Take the Fagerstrom Test for Nicotine Dependence below to help you develop a personal quit plan that is right for you:
1. How soon after you awake do you smoke your first cigarette?
After 30 minutes
Within 30 minutes
2. Do you find it difficult to refrain from smoking in places where it is forbidden, such as the library, theater, or doctors' office?
3. Which of all the cigarettes you smoke in a day is the most satisfying?
Any other than the first one in the morning
The first one in the morning
4. How many cigarettes a day do you smoke?
More than 26
5. Do you smoke more during the morning than during the rest of the day?
6. Do you smoke when you are so ill that you are in bed most of the day?
7. Does the brand you smoke have a low, medium, or high nicotine content?
8. How often do you inhale the smoke from your cigarette?
Copyright 2016 State of Michigan