- September is Campus Fire Safety Month
Governor Snyder proclaims September as Campus Fire Safety Month to raise awareness of the fire risks when living on, or off campus, urge young adults to practice life-saving fire safety measures, and encourage Michigan colleges and universities to provide fire safety education programs.
- September is Pain Awareness Month
For information about pain and symptom management, visit the Michigan Pain Management website at www.michigan.gov/pm.
- Understanding Your Options for Raising Capital in Michigan Seminars The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the Corporations, Securities and Commercial Licensing Bureau are conducting seminars in an effort to educate entrepreneurs and others that could benefit from gaining an understanding of their options for raising capital in Michigan.
- Office of Good Government Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's Office of Good Government (OGG) provides training and process improvement programs that enable State of Michigan employees to drive government reinvention. The OGG works directly with all State Departments to engage employees in order to improve government services for Michiganders. The State of Michigan aims to be the nation's leader in government customer service, employee engagement, fiscal responsibility and innovation.
- An Online Resource for Skilled Immigrants Working through Upwardly Global, LARA has created an online resource for skilled immigrants, providing important information on how to become a licensed professional in Michigan.
- LARA Services for Veterans The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has prepared a compilation of services that may apply to Michigan's Veterans, active military and military families. These services include occupational or business licensing, construction, workplace safety and health, and utility assistance.