Michigan Agency for Energy: Nominations now open for Governor's Energy Excellence Awards
January 26, 2017
Michigan Agency for Energy: Nominations now open for Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE) today noted that nominations are now open for the third annual Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards.
Organized by Michigan Saves, the Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards honor Michigan organizations and individuals for their commitment to a brighter energy consumption future for Michigan.
“All across Michigan, individuals and organizations large and small have taken concerted efforts to reduce energy waste,” said Valerie Brader, MAE executive director. “Reducing waste has saved billions of dollars while increasing Michigan’s electric reliability. This is a chance to celebrate leaders in innovation all over the state.”
“The winners of the Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards have cut energy usage without sacrificing productivity or comfort. They have seen firsthand that the cheapest energy and most reliable energy is the energy you don’t need.”
Brader notes that nominations may now be submitted online through March 31. Nominations must be for projects completed during 2016.
There are eight award categories:
- Innovator of the Year—Recognizes innovation in Michigan’s energy waste reduction (EWR) industry
- Best Communication, Education, or Program—Presented to an individual or entity committed to communicating the benefits of EWR
- Contractor of the Year—Presented to an EWR contractor
- Best Projects: Residential—Presented to a homeowner
- Best Projects: Agriculture—Presented to an agricultural operation
- Best Projects: Industrial/Manufacturing—Presented to an industrial/ manufacturing operation
- Best Projects: Commercial—Presented to owners or operators of commercial buildings
- Best Projects: Public—Presented to a public sector entity
Winners will be announced in late summer.
For a complete list of award rules and nomination criteria, visit: http://mienergyexcellence.org/