Liposuction Doctor Suspended for Health Code Violations - Bradley Bastow
May 16, 2017 - On May 12, 2017, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) summarily suspended Dr. Bradley Bastow’s osteopathic physician’s license pursuant to the Public Health Code, which provides for the immediate suspension of a health professional’s license when the public health, safety, or welfare requires emergency action.
In conjunction with Attorney General Bill Schuette’s office, LARA filed an Administrative Complaint alleging Dr. Bastow, of Glenn, MI committed numerous violations, including:
- Performing liposuction procedures in unsanitary conditions in an unfinished pole barn;
- Improperly disposing and storing medical waste;
- Improperly dispensing and recording the dispensing of controlled substances;
- Improperly comingling human and animal drugs; and
- Taking a controlled substance from the facility for personal use.
“Our investigation found that Dr. Bastow’s conduct was negligent, incompetent and lacked good moral character,” said LARA Director Shelly Edgerton. “Our top priority is the health and safety of Michiganders, and the dangerous and deplorable conditions of Dr. Bastow’s facility warranted an immediate suspension of his medical license.”
To view the Suspension Order and Administrative Complaint visit here.
For more information about LARA, please visit www.michigan.gov/lara
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/michiganLARA, or “Like” us on Facebook