House Legislation 2011-2012
- House Bill 4113 - Amends Occupational Code to eliminate the requirement that a broker display the licenses of real estate agents that work for that broker
PA 33 of 2011
- House Bill 4152 of 2011 - Amends Public Employment Relations Act.
PA 54 of 2011
- House Bill 4192 of 2011 -Provide access to subscribers, under certain circumstances to Michigan Automated Prescription System.
PA 108 of 2011
- House Bill 4227 - Creates new act to prohibit the transfer of fees running with the title of commercial property after the effective date of the Act.
PA 34 of 2011
- House Bill 4228 - Creates a new act to prohibit the transfer fees running with the title of the residential property after the effective date of the Act.
PA 35 of 2011
- House Bill 4231 of 2011 - Waiver of claims of liability in connection with children's athletic recreational activities; allow parent to sign.
PA 61 of 2011
- House Bill 4314 of 2011 - Provides for a number of changes to the Michigan Telecommunications Act.
PA 58 of 2011
- House Bill 4389 of 2011 - Provides for dentists who practice dentistry on a volunteer basis to be afforded immunity from liability.
PA 55 of 2011
- House Bill 4408 - Adjustments to Extend Unemployment Benefit and Fraud Control Measures.
PA 14 of 2011
- HB 4456 of 2011 - Amends the Crematory Act by allowing property for which a crematorium is to be operated to be leased for at least 5 year with conditions.
PA 112 of 2011
- House Bill 4522 of 2011 - Amends PA 312 of 1969 which provides for arbitration of labor disputes involving Municipal police, fire and emergency medical service personnel. The amendment includes language to allow for intergovernmental cooperation and sharing of Municipal services and requires an arbitration panel to identify economic and financial issues in disputes and hearings, if necessary, and promulgate an opinion and order within a specified time period.
PA 116 of 2011
- House Bill 4534 of 2011 - Amends the Intergovernmental conditional Transfer of Property by Contract Act by revising the contents of contracts.
PA 114 of 2011
- House Bill 4561 of 2011 - Amends the Stille-DeRossett-Hale Single State Construction Code Act by allowing the director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs to determine when to update the Michigan Residential Code and the Residential Energy Code. The updates may occur not less than once every six years or more than once every 3 years, as the director determines appropriate.
PA 504 of 2012
- House Bill 4565 of 2011 - Amends the Public Health Code to include additional schedule 1 controlled substances, and additional trade and other names for the substances.
PA 88 of 2011
- House Bill 4749 and 4750 of 2011 - HB 4749 of 2011- Amends Public Health Code by preventing individuals from purchasing more than 3.6 grams of Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine in a single calendar day and prevents 9 grams of Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine purchased in a 30-day period. HB 4750 - Amends the Criminal Code for convictions regarding possession of Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine.
PA 86 and PA 87 of 2011
- House Bill 4293 of 2011 (tie bar with Senate Bill 194) - Creates the new "Michigan Fireworks Safety Act" and regulates the sale, purchase, possession and use of fireworks. Senate Bill 194 amends the Code of Criminal Procedure by adding sentencing guidelines for violations of the Michigan Fireworks Safety Act.
House Bill 4293 - PA 256 of 2011
Senate Bill 194 - PA 257 of 2011
- House Bill 5002 of 2011- Amends Michigan Worker's Disability Compensation Act.
PA 266 of 2011
- House Bill 4061 of 2011 - Amends the Michigan Liquor Control Code by allowing sampling and consumption of home-brewed beers on the premises of licensed brew pubs for micro brewers.
PA 219 of 2011
- House Bill 4462 and House Bill 4478 of 2011 (tie-barred) - House Bill 4462 Prohibits forging or uttering and publishing a real estate document and provide for penalties and remedies.
House bill 4478 Amends the Criminal Procedure; sentencing guidelines by adding forgery and uttering and publishing of real estate instruments.
House Bill 4462 - PA 206 of 2011
House Bill 4478 - PA 207 of 2011
- House Bills 4309, 4311 and 4312 (tie-barred) - House Bill 4309 provides incorporation of emergency service authorities by municipalities; House Bill 4311 provides intergovernmental transfers of functions and responsibilities; House Bill 4312 provides interlocal operating agreements by public entities.
House Bill 4309 - PA 261 of 2011
House Bill 4311 - PA 262 of 2011
House Bill 4312 - PA 263 of 2011
- House Bill 4411, 4412 and Senate Bill 235 (tie-barred) - Amends the Public Health Code to provide for permanent revocation of a license or registration of a healthcare professional convicted of a serious criminal sexual conduct (CSC) offense.
House Bill 4411 - PA 223 of 2011
House Bill 4412 - PA 224 of 2011
Senate Bill 235 - PA 222 of 2011
- House Bill 4573 of 2011 - Requires request for rule-making to include the decision record.
PA 239 of 2011
- House Bill 4500 of 2011 - Establishes standards for review of rules by each agency to include rules the agency expects to review in the next year in its annual regulatory plan.
PA 238 of 2011
- House Bill 4452 of 2011 - Amends the Michigan Employment Security Act by allowing unemployment Insurance school denial period for contract school employees.
PA 216 of 2011
- House Bill 4726 of 2011 - Amends the Michigan Employment Security Act by excluding remuneration received by a volunteer firefighter if the amount is less than $10,000 in a calendar year from reducing their unemployment insurance (UI) weekly benefit amount.
PA 496 of 2012
- House Bill 4975 and House Bill 5271 of 2011 - House Bill 4975 amends the Occupational Code by adding Article 26A which will regulate Appraisal Management Companies. House Bill 5271 amends the State License Fee Act and provides for application processing fee for Appraisal Management Companies.
House Bill 4975 - PA 505 of 2012
House Bill 5271 - PA 426 of 2012
- House Bill 5087 of 2011 - Amends the Michigan Liquor Control Code by removing the barrel production limit for a brewer to sell its beer for on premise consumption at one brewery licensed location.
PA 298 of 2011
- House Bill 4893 of 2011 - Provides for a special volunteer license for retired optometrists.
PA 4 of 2012
- House Bill 5192 of 2011 - Method of selection of retirant member of Policy/Fire Pension Board; bargaining prohibited.
PA 12 of 2012
- House Bill 4240 of 2011 - Amends Administrative Procedures Act. Amending the administrative rules process by adding sections 32(5), 32(6) and 32(7).
PA 270 of 2011
- House Bill 4394 of 2011 - Unemployment Insurance (UI) - Benefit charges against continuing employers.
PA 281 of 2011
- House Bill 5085 and HB 5086 of 2012
HB 5085 amends Payment of Wages and Fringe Benefits Act to prohibit a public employer from deducting directly or indirectly any amount from an employee's wages for a contribution to a separate segregated fund established under the Michigan Campaign Finance Act or Federal Election Campaign Act.
HB 5086 amends the Michigan Campaign Finance Act to prohibit the use of public resources to administer a payroll deduction plan that provides contributions to a PAC.
House Bill 5085 - PA 30 of 2012
House Bill 5086 - PA 31 of 2012
- House Bill 4929 of 2012 - Amends the Public Employment Relations Act to provide that a public school employer's use of public school resources to assist a union in collecting dues or service fees from the wages of public school employees is a prohibited contribution to the administration of the labor organization.
PA 53 of 2012
- House Bill 4552 of 2012 - Amends the Workers Disability Compensation Act. Permits the State of Michigan to pay workers compensation costs for certain injured volunteers who is considered to be an employee of the State of Michigan for purposes of workers' compensation benefits, but might have pension benefits from their regular employer. The benefits would not be used to setoff their potential workers' compensation benefits since their "employer" while volunteering --for the State of Michigan -- is not funding the pension or other benefits eligible for setoff applications.
PA 83 of 2012
- House Bill 4601 of 2012 - Establishes a limitation on "successor asbestos-related liability", which would be liability related to an asbestos claim that was assumed or incurred by a corporation as a result of or in connection with a merger or consolidation with or into another corporation. The limitation on liability would apply to a corporation that became a successor before January 1, 1972, or that was a successor to such a corporation.
PA 84 of 2012
- House Bill 5011 of 2012 - Amends the Stille-DeRossett-Hale Single State Construction Code Act to allow a governmental subdivision to contract with a private organization to operate its building department and perform all building department functions.
PA 103 of 2012
- House Bill 5573 of 2012 - Amends the Charter Township Act to allow a charter township board in a county having a population between 750,000 and two million people to maintain a free public library, if the township had not been located in the service area of an existing public library in the previous three years.
PA 191 of 2012
- House Bill 5611 of 2012 - Amends the Liquor Control code of 1998 to allow the Michigan Liquor Control Commission to issue a Class C or Tavern license for not more than 30 consecutive days at an outdoor stadium typically used for intercollegiate events.
PA 212 of 2012
- House Bill 5131 of 2012 - Amends the Public Health Code by modifying certain pharmacy practices and clarifies the duties of prescribers and agents.
PA 209 of 2012
- House Bill 4718 of 2012 - Amends Public Health Code to allow a dental assistant to act as a second pair of hands for a dentist or dental hygienist.
PA 289 of 2012
- House Bill 4369 of 2012 - Allows health care benefit plans to access the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS).
PA 44 of 2012
- House Bill 4584 of 2011 - Provides for an extension of September 1, 2012 for Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) and audits required as part of the licensure be completed by July 1, 2012. PEOs are licensed and provide human resources services through a co-employment relationship with clients.
PA 125 of 2011
- House Bill 4683 of 2011 - Amends Section 405 of the Emergency 911 Service Enabling Act (MCL 484.1405) by changing the date by which Multi-Line Telephone Systems (MLTS) rules must be effective from December 31, 2011 to December 31, 2016.
PA 271 of 2011
- House Bill 4834 of 2011 - Amends the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act by extending the period a medical marihuana registry card validation to 2 years. The department may enter into a contract with a private contractor to assist the department in processing and issuing registry identification cards, but the department makes the final determination as to issuing the registry identification card. No later than 6 months after the effective date of the bill, the department shall appoint a panel of not more than 15 members to review petitions to approve medical conditions or treatments for addition to the list of debilitating medical conditions.
PA 514 of 2012
- House Bill 4851 of 2011 - Amends the Medical Marihuana Act by creating a definition for "bona fide physician-patient relationship" with certain requirements. The bill further defines an enclosed, locked facility and includes a motor vehicle if certain conditions are met.
PA 512 of 2012
- House Bill 5089 of 2011 - Amends the Public Health Code by creating the "Program for Utilization of Unused Prescription Drugs".
PA 383 of 2012
- House Bill 5090 of 2011 - Amends the Public Health Code by requiring pharmacies, health professionals or charitable clinics that participate in the Program for Utilization of Unused Prescription Drugs accept from any person a prescription drug or any other medication that is ineligible for distribution under the program for destruction and disposal.
PA 384 of 2012
- House Bill 5404 of 2012 - Amends the Land Division Act to prohibit land locked cemeteries.
PA 525 of 2012
- House Bill 5437 of 2012 - Amends the McCauley-Traxler-Law-Bowman-McNeely Lottery Act to implement recent amendments made to the Michigan Employment Security Act. Authorizes the UIA to obtain restitution due from a claimant as a result of a benefit overpayment that has become final through prize winnings of $1,000 or more under the Lottery Act, section 32.
PA 428 of 2012
- House Bill 5459 of 2012- Amends the Open Meetings Act by requiring an 18-hour notice for special meetings and clarifies the definition of accessible posting.
PA 528 of 2012
- House Bill 5466 of 2012 - Amends the Void Construction Contracts Act by prohibiting the requirement that a contractor, architect, professional engineer or professional survey indemnify a public entity from all claims in a construction contract.
PA 468 of 2012
- House Bill 5917 of 2012 - Amends the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Act by eliminating the Construction Safety Standards Commission.
PA 448 of 2012
- House Bill 5922 of 2012 - Amends the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Act by eliminating the General Industry Standards Commission.
PA 416 of 2012