Air Leakage Testing Certification
A person that has a current certification from a program that provides the following as part of the certification process is approved to perform the required air leakage testing for compliance with the CHAPTER 11 OF THE MICHIGAN RESIDENTIAL CODE OR PART 10 OF THE MICHIGAN ENERGY CODE .
Program shall include instruction and training on:
- Applicable code requirements.
- Procedure for set-up for test.
- Procedure for performing test.
- How to analyze measurement readings to determine compliance.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Program shall have hands-on practical field examination consisting of:
- Set-up and preparation of equipment.
- Operation of the equipment.
- Performance of air leakage rate diagnostics.
- Analysis of the results.