- Overview brochure
This brochure highlights different programs that are offered at the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons.
- Independent Living Program (age 55 and over)
- Youth Services brochure
This brochure highlights BSBP's Youth Services program and youth age 14 - 26 who are eligible for services.
- That All May Read--Braille and Talking Book Library brochure
Do you enjoy a good book, but you're no longer able to read small print? People who are unable to use standard print material due to a visual or physical disability have a free audio library they can access from the ease and privacy of their own home! Read more about the Braille and Talking Book Library.
- DeafBlind Services
This brochure includes information on DeafBlind Services for individuals who are both deaf and blind. For more information, call 800-292-4200.
- Business Services
Business Services help employers like you retain your experienced employees after vision loss and find new, qualified employees who are blind or visually impaired.
- Overview brochure in Spanish
This Spanish language brochure highlights different programs that are offered at the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons.
- Overview brochure in Arabic
This Arabic language brochure highlights different programs that are offered at the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons.
- College Assessment
Before an Individual Plan for Employment is developed that includes the use of (Michigan) Bureau of Services for Blind Persons resources for college, the individual must demonstrate his or her ability to function in the academic environment. The College Assessment has been developed to measure a student's preparedness for college, specifically in the areas of communication skills, note taking, technology skills, travel, and activities of daily living.
- December 2008 VR Consumer Satisfaction Survey December 2008 VR Consumer Satisfaction Survey
- Other Publications
Published by other organizations.
- Michigan and Local Organizations & Services
(Michigan and Local Organizations & Services.) Find eye doctors, radio reading services, recreation, parent organizations, resources for seniors, government agencies, and nonprofit groups. Links are in alphabetical order within each category.
- National Organizations
(National organizations.) Links in alphabetical order
- Michigan No-Fault Provider Directory - Listed as Vision Rehabilitation Service Provider
- Orientation & Mobility Instructors
- 2014 State Plan
- AFB Senior Site AFB Senior Site. To help families, caregivers and people directly affected by vision loss, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) has launched a new, totally accessible, multimedia web site that offers instructional videos, tips, and testimonials to help this country's growing low-vision population maintain independence. AFB's launch of the AFB Senior Site comes amid concerns from health officials that diseases like age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy are expected to double as the nation's 78 million baby boomers reach retirement age and beyond.
- Assistive Technology Installers/Trainers
- Braille Transcribing and Equipment Repair Services
- Careers in Blind Rehabilitation (Information on University Programs)
Links to the three master's degree programs at Michigan universities for pursuing a career in Blind Rehabilitation.
- Disability.gov Connecting the Disability Community to Information & Opportunities
- Consumer Satisfaction Survey
- Eye Doctors
If you want to find an eye doctor, you may find these resources helpful...
- Michigan Disability Resources Website On these pages you will find the services and programs for people with disabilities offered by the State of Michigan as well as other sites of interest.
- Michigan State University Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities The mission of the MSU Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities is to lead Michigan State University in maximizing ability and opportunity for full participation by persons with disabilities
- NFB Newsline ...a free service to those who cannot read regular newsprint.
- Scholarships and Grants for Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired
Please check the specific application deadline for each one.
- Technology Related to Blindness and Visual Impairment