Skip Navigation
LARA: Department of Licensing and Regulatory AffairsPORTAL_HEADER_LOGO Home
close print view


Manufacturer & Wholesalers Section License & Permit Types
Brewpub - License issued by the Commission to manufacturer up to 5,000 barrels of beer annually. A Brewpub must also hold an on-premises license (Class C, Tavern, AHotel, B-Hotel or Resort) issued by the Commission. A Brewpub must operate a full service restaurant with at least 25% gross sales from non-alcoholic items. Brewpubs may sell beer they manufacturer to consumers only for either on-premises consumption or for take-out. Brewpubs may not sell beer they manufacture to wholesalers or retailers. A person may have interest in up to three Brewpubs with the total combined production of all locations not to exceed 5,000 barrels per year. An investigation by the Commission’s Enforcement Division is required along with local law enforcement approval and local governing body approval. Annual license fee is $100.00.
Detailed Information
Related Content
 •  Manufacturers and Wholesalers List by Type PDF icon
 •  Small Distiller
 •  Brewer
 •  Authorized Distribution Agent
 •  Manufacturer of Brandy
 •  Micro Brewer
 •  Wine Maker
 •  Winery Tasting Room
 •  Small Wine Maker
 •  Vendor of Spirits
 •  Manufacturer of Spirits
 •  Manufacturer of Mixed Spirit Drink
 •  Outstate Seller of Beer("OSSB")
 •  Outstate Seller of Wine("OSSW")
 •  Outstate Seller of Mixed Spirit Drink("OSSMS")
 •  Wholesaler
 •  Warehouser
 •  Industrial
 •  Indian Casino Permit
 •  Manufacturers and Wholesalers Division
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan