Skip Navigation
LARA: Department of Licensing and Regulatory AffairsPORTAL_HEADER_LOGO Home
close print view

Registered Agent and Registered Office

Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

A registered agent and registered office must be named in the Application to Register a Limited Liability Partnership if the partnership is a foreign entity. A registered agent is someone who is appointed by the partnership to receive any documents, notices, or demands served upon the company. The registered agent must be an individual of this state, a Michigan corporation, or a foreign corporation with a Certificate of Authority to transact business in Michigan.

Related Content
 •  Registering in Michigan
 •  Purpose
 •  Naming a Limited Liability Partnership
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan