close print view
Real Estate Salesperson License Transfer Information
Real Estate SalespersonOnline License Transfer Information
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
Salesperson – Steps for Online Transfer: Fastest way to apply for a transfer.
Go to www.michigan.gov/iCola. Locate the drop-down menu for “Changes & Renewals”, select “Real Estate Salesperson Transfer” from the menu, and click “Go”. Once logged into the account, the salesperson license number will appear in blue with a line under it. You must click the license number and follow the prompts through to the ePayment Receipt which is a confirmation the process was successfully completed. Notify the new employing broker the transfer request has been made. The request will remain pending (incomplete) until the employing broker approves the transfer.
Employing Broker – Steps to approve online transfer application.
Go to www.michigan.gov/iCola. Locate the drop-down menu for “Changes & Renewals, select “iCola”, and click “Go”. Once logged into the account, the brokerage license number will be shown in blue and underlined. Click on the license number to see a list of “pending employees”. Either approve or deny the request and click “submit”.
- The employing broker should receive the salesperson pocket card and wall license in approximately 7 days.
Common mistakes with the online transfer process:
- A salesperson can only transfer to a Broker Company (6505-xxxxxx) or Individual Broker (6504-xxxxxx).
- The online transfer is the fastest way to apply for a transfer; however, the request will remain pending until the employing broker approves the request.
- Transfer payments can be made by Visa or Mastercard only.
- If a company forgot their password, a temporary password will be mailed to the main office address within 3-5 business days. Staff cannot reset the passwords as they are computer generated.