Skip Navigation
LARA: Department of Licensing and Regulatory AffairsPORTAL_HEADER_LOGO Home
close print view

How long will you keep my licensure application on file?

For most professions, we keep your application and fee on file for two years from the date received. If the requirements for licensure/registration are not met within that time span, the application is no longer valid and the file is destroyed.

Related Content
 •  How do I verify my Michigan license to another state?
 •  How long are the Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant licenses issued for? Can I renew my license early? How will I know when I need to renew?
 •  Are the physical therapy services received in a physician's office comparable to the therapy received in a physical therapist's clinic?
 •  As a physical therapist who has earned a DPT degree, can I present myself to clients or the general public as "Dr."?
 •  Since the Public Health Code does not list many specifics on how to handle various practice issues, how do I know what standards to use?
 •  What is the legal duration of a physical therapy prescription?
 •  What is the difference in the quality of physical therapy offered by a therapist who uses the letters: DPT, LPT, MPT, PTA, RPT or just PT?
 •  Is there a graduate physical therapist category between graduation and licensure?
 •  How can I change my name or address?
 •  I need to verify whether someone has a license. How can I do that?
 •  What happens if my license or registration expires?
 •  If I have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor, will this stop me from obtaining a Michigan license?
 •  The application asks for the state(s) I have been licensed in and asks for the basis of licensure. What does that mean? What if I'm licensed in more than one state? Do you need verification from all ...
 •  Is everything in my file complete? How can I find out what is missing?
 •  How long does it take to process my application?
 •  How long does it take for your office to receive my correspondence?
 •  What is the purpose of the different types of applications?
 •  I want to have Educational Testing Service (ETS) submit my TOEFL scores directly to the Board. What is the institutional code I need?
 •  What licenses are available?
 •  Do I need to complete continuing education?
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan