Skip Navigation
LARA: Department of Licensing and Regulatory AffairsPORTAL_HEADER_LOGO Home
close print view

Do I have to maintain a hearing aid dealers license for dispensing hearing aids?

Agency: Community Health, Department of

The definition of the practice of audiology includes selecting, fitting, and dispensing of amplification systems, including hearing aids and related devices and providing training for their use. Since this is now part of your defined scope, you will no longer be required to maintain a hearing aid dealers license once the audiology license is issued and active. 

Please note, however, that any audiologist supervising the services of a hearing aid sales-trainee or salesperson must also maintain a hearing aid dealer license.  When a hearing aid dealer license lapses, any licenses for hearing aid dealer trainees or salespeople also lapse.

Hearing aid dealer licenses are issued by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Commercial Services.  Additional information can be obtained at

Related Content
 •  How do I verify my Michigan license to another state?
 •  How long are the Audiologist licenses issued for? Can I renew my license early? How will I know when I need to renew?
 •  How can I change my name or address?
 •  I need to verify whether someone has a license. How can I do that?
 •  What happens if my license or registration expires?
 •  How long will you keep my licensure application on file?
 •  The application asks for the state(s) I have been licensed in and asks for the basis of licensure. What does that mean? What if I'm licensed in more than one state? Do you need verification from all ...
 •  If I have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor, will this stop me from obtaining a Michigan license?
 •  How long does it take for your office to receive my correspondence?
 •  How long does it take to process my application?
 •  What is the purpose of the different types of applications?
 •  Is everything in my file complete? How can I find out what is missing?
 •  How do you check compliance with the CE requirement?
 •  The new bill requires completion of continuing education. When will I have to complete that requirement?
 •  What do I have to do to renew my license?
 •  Is anyone who does audiology activities exempt from licensure?
 •  How does the new legislation impact my ability to work as an audiologist?
 •  What if I did not complete the full 20 hours of CE?
 •  Can I get a list of what would be considered acceptable continuing education?
 •  I have been a practicing audiologist for many years. What do I have to do to get my license?
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan