• New For MTI IN FY 2014 Change in Construction Certificates - effective March 7, 2013, to obtain a Level One certificate, students in the Construction Safety & Health track must successfully complete seven classes of which "MIOSHA Construction 10-Hour," "Part 45 - Fall Protection" and "Health Hazards in Construction" are required along with any four other electives chosen from the 15 construction electives within three years. The Construction Level Two certificate requires that students successfully pass any eight classes from the Construction track which were not previously taken. Students will now be able to choose any of the construction classes to reach the required number of electives. However the three classes named above are still required to obtain the Level One certificate which must be achieved prior to the award of the Level Two certificate.
• 2013 MIOSHA Training Institute (MTI) Schedule Check out our new Training Schedule for 2013!
• MIOSHA Training Institute (MTI) Scholarship Application If you're interested in applying for an MTI Scholarship, please select a class from the MIOSHA Training Calendar, that is more than 3 weeks away, but no further than three months from today's date. Then click on the application link to apply. Or click here to learn more about the MTI Scholarship Program.
• MTI Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Calendar of MIOSHA Training Programs
Level 1 Course Materials
• New For MTI In FY 2013 Newly Added This Year - MTI Occupational Health Certificate will be awarded to participants successfully completing these five required classes: “Hazard Communication & Right to Know Requirements,” “Occupational Noise Exposure,” Medical Services & First Aid, Bloodborne Infectious Diseases,” “Respiratory Protection” and either “Permit Required Confined Spaces” or “Human Factors Engineering (formerly Ergonomics).”
Change In Required Classes - Effective October 1, 2012, “Health Issues in Construction” will now be required to obtain a Level One certificate in Construction along with four other electives.
Newly Accepted - Elective Classes for the MTI Level Two Compliance General Industry include "Industrial Laser Safety" and "Industrial Robot Safety."
• Change in Required Classes Effective March 1, 2012, “Part 380 - Occupational Noise Exposure,” formerly an elective will now become a required course in the MTI Level Two Compliance Track. “Parts 472 & 554 - Medical Services & First Aid, Bloodborne Infectious Diseases” formerly a required course will now become an elective. Students who took Parts 472 & 554 - before March 1, 2012, will be given credit for the course as meeting the MTI Level Two Compliance Certificate.
• MTI Assessment-Based Certificate Program (CET #0160)
• MTI Progress Log / Application Form
• CEU Certification Information for Level 1 & 2 Courses
• What is the MIOSHA Training Institute (MTI)?
• Receive MTI Announcements Via Email
Level 2 Course Materials
• CET Sample Perception Survey This survey will be used in the Level One Blueprints for a Safety & Health Course. The use of perception surveys provides a means to measure leading indicators of safety performance by providing a snapshot of the current safety culture through the perception of your employees and managers.
• Non-Fatal Occupational Injury & Illness Data To determine your company's comparable incidence rate, go to the appropriate year at the bottom of the page.
• MIOSHA Recordkeeping Forms Log 300, 300A, 301
• Injury/Illness Analysis and Cost Estimation (HO-44) After you complete the MIOSHA Recordkeeping & Cost of Injuries Course, you can use this form to calculate your company's Total Case Incidence Rate (TCIR), Days Away Restricted Transfer Rate (DART), and Costs of Accidents (Insured and Uninsured Costs).