Skip Navigation
LARA: Department of Licensing and Regulatory AffairsPORTAL_HEADER_LOGO Home
close print view

Do you have to give my name to my employer if I file a discrimination complaint?

Yes, the agency will not pursue an anonymous complaint. The employer must have had an opportunity to address the problem. Other questions about employee discrimination may be directed to the Employee Discrimination Section.

*The answers provided are not meant to be a substitute for legal advice.


Related Content
 •  What is a multi-employer worksite?
 •  Can an employer on a multi-employer worksite be issued a citation if their employees are exposed to an unsafe condition even though they have no responsibility for that condition? 
 •  Are volunteers covered by MIOSHA?
 •  I believe that there is an occupational hazard in my workplace. What can I do?
 •  How do I file a complaint?
 •  If I file a safety or health complaint, is my name kept confidential? 
 •  I've been fired for complaining of unsafe conditions. If I pursue this case and I win, what do I get?
 •  I am not a member of any union, can I still file a discrimination complaint under MIOSHA?
 •  How do I find out about the hazards of the chemicals I work with?
 •  What does the MIOSHA Consultation Education and Training (CET) Division do?
 •  What are the required posters for MIOSHA?
 •  How do I obtain copies of inspection records?
 •  Are there any weight restrictions on how much my employer can make me lift?
 •  Can my employer make me work alone?
 •  Why doesn't MIOSHA issue warnings without a citation or penalty for first-time offenders?
 •  Do MIOSHA compliance officers and consultants uniformly interpret and implement standards?
 •  Why do compliance officers record union information on inspection forms? Does MIOSHA favor union employers when they interpret standards?
 •  Additional Frequently Asked Questions (Ask MIOSHA)
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan